Saffron: The Drugstore Series| My Top 8 Favourite Drugstore Lipsticks

Sunday, October 05, 2014

I have decided to start doing more beauty posts as I am a skincare junkie and have more makeup than I could possibly hope to wear. So I am starting off with products at the more affordable end of the scale, I think this will be a sort of drugstore series starting with lipsticks. Now I love a bright lip, so all of these are bright colours. I have yet to find the perfect nude so if you have any suggestions please let me know but for now here are my top 8 favourite drugstore lipsticks. Yeah I know 8 is a really awkward number I just couldn't choose 5 and I felt 10 was to many.






Left to Right:

Miss Sporty Perfect Colour Lipstick: Malaga 
I am in love with this lipstick. I think this might have been the first lipstick that I ever bought. The formula is so lovely: it's very glossy but you can matte it down with some tissue for a different look. Miss Sporty lipsticks have great staying power especially if you have wear lip liner underneath, and as an added plus it smells like watermelon yum! All this for only £2.59 - bargain.

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer: Apocaliptic
Now I love a bright lip and I think these lip lacquers are just about as bright as you can get. They're also super glossy which just ramps up the colour making your lips look like something from an advert. And this baby is staying on all night, so it's definitely one you can wear on a night out. 

Miss Sporty Perfect Colour Lipstick: On Fire!
I told you I love these lipsticks and I have a third shade that I love but I thought that would be overkill. This colour is a slightly more of an orangey red than Malaga, which is more of a blue toned red, which is actually great for making your teeth look whiter - just a little tip there lol.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick: Pink Pong 
These lipsticks have been the talk of many a blogger. They are a matte liquid lipstick and when I say matte, I mean matte. They feel like velvet on the lips which is a bit weird but that feeling goes after it dries and when it dries it is not budging. This colour is a beautiful bright pink which would look great on all skin tones.

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer: Eclipse
I couldn't find a link for this colour so maybe they have discontinued it, this colour is a favourite of mine in the autumn and winter so now it is getting colder I will be wearing it again. It is a brown/ plum colour which looks great with quite a sheer base and nothing much on the eyes except some mascara. As it's from the Apocalips range it has a really glossy finish. 

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick: As You Want Victoria
This is probably one of my most worn lipsticks, it's just so easy to wear. All you need is one coat and you can be on your way. It's a very moisturising lipstick so it does not stick around all day, but you can just top it up. If you like a more matte lipstick this one is maybe not for you. They have many colours in this range and they are all lovely but this pinky red one just shouted my name down the aisle lol. 

Rimmel Colour Rush Balm: Coral
The writing on this has worn off so I think it is the shade Coral. This just goes to show how much I have used this. It's another one from Rimmel, I have to say that out of all the drugstore brands Rimmel is probably my favourite for lipsticks and this is no exception. Although this is not technically a lipstick, it's just so pigmented that I am classing it as a lipstick. As it is a balm it's very moisturising, but it also stays quite a while and leaves a stain on the lips, which is great if you don't want to have to touch up your lipstick all the time.

MUA Lipstick: Shade 1 
Last but certainly not least is this MUA lipstick. It's only a quid, how good is that and it is awesome quality. It's not quite matte but it has nice staying power, and it's very pigmented so you only really need two coats. It has a kind of soapy smell but I don't mind that and you don't smell it once you put it on. The colour I have is a deep red with blue undertones, I always feel reds like this are great for the evening - not sure why though. All in all for only a pound this is a great lipstick and everyone should buy it. Lol.


Hope you all liked this post, it's a bit different but I will be doing more beauty posts so let me know if you liked this one. Hope you have a fun weekend. 

Saffron x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! We always read them, we love to hear from you!

Subscribe