Courtney: PANCAKES!!

Sunday, March 02, 2014

I love pancakes. Like REALLY love pancakes. And I like making them nearly as much as I like eating them. So much so, that I couldn't wait until Pancake Day to make them, I HAD to make them today! Lol. Baking is my favourite pastime (besides shopping, of course); I find it really stress relieving. I love to give homemade edible gifts on peoples birthdays because 1. It means so much more to make something for someone, rather than just buying something, 2. I get to do one of my favourite things and 3. There's less chance of me getting grossly overweight because if I didn't give them away I would scoff the lot! Lool.

You can find the recipe HERE but it's an American recipe so I changed the cups to grams and put it below for us Brits. Lol. This is literally one of the best pancake recipes I've ever come across! Beating the eggs separately is what I think makes them really light and fluffy, but adding melted butter to the batter means they're really rich and scrummy! So get making guys, they're much better than store bought ones. :)




This is what the batter looks like; looks good enough to eat already!



Good tip: wait until you can see air bubbles on the top of the pancake before flipping; this ensures the bottom is cooked


And here is the finished product! Ta-da! Lol.



I topped mine with toffee sauce, grated chocolate and slices of banana



And below is the recipe! The only thing I would suggest is using a bit less salt, I use just a tiny pinch, and adding more sugar. I add two tablespoons to the dry ingredients, and two tablespoons when beating the egg whites.



Extra Light and Fluffy Pancakes


(Makes about 8 pancakes)

Ingredients

150g plain flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
2 egg yolks
180ml  milk, more or less
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon sugar



Method

1. Sift the dry ingredients together.
2. In another bowl, mix the yolks, most of the milk, and the melted butter together until smooth.
3. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the mixed wet ingredients all at once. Stir until just combined. (Over-mixing will make for a tough pancake.)
4. Beat the egg whites until light and fluffy and soft peaks appear as for meringue. Add the sugar toward the end of the beating. Fold the egg whites gently into the batter with a spatula. Add milk as necessary to get the right consistency.
5. Cook as you would other pancakes.



I wish I'd taken more photos, but it only occurred to me to post about this halfway through making them lol. But if you like this post, let me know and I'll do some more baking ones. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just leave them in a comment below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.



Happy Baking!

Love, Courtney .x.


You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Just came across your blog...Love it! Gonna defo use this recipe.
    Now following you guys on bloglovin : ) x

    www.apinchofpetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know how you get on with the recipe .x.

      Delete
  2. omg this has got me so hungry. loooks delicious, definitely going to try out your combination tomorrow! toffee and chocolate?! yeH man xx
    The Frill Seeker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thanks! It is good, even if I do say so myself... .x.

      Delete
  3. Hey beauty woooww you have a really nice blog :) would you like if we follow each other on blog? let me know what do you think ? Regards from Bosnia ♥
    http://obsessionwithfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh my these look bloody lovely <3

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness these look amazing, I'm so hungry now lol x

    http://www.closbeautyspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look amazing!! I need to try the recipe for myself!
    This made me so hungry, I'm off to eat now, bye! hahaha
    xo
    The Beauty Break // http://beautytimebreak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! We always read them, we love to hear from you!

Subscribe